Things are looking up, way up, for a national health and wellness company as they expand their already sizable Midwestern distribution center to over a million square feet of optimized storage and inventory fulfillment… all with the help of the Apex team.
As part of the 350,100 sq. ft. expansion to the existing 722, 320 sq. ft. distribution center, the Apex team was charged with designing, engineering and installing the new 5-story pick module. The Apex team’s on-going focus on warehouse safety and our extensive experience in multi-level pick module and mezzanine construction uniquely positioned us to support this drug chain giant.
The Apex team provided design support, engineering and installation of a 5-level pick module (ground plus 4 elevated decks).
Pick Module Features
- Top level dancefloor allows flexibility to maximize cube space
- Carton Flow – 54 bays with 5 levels/bay
- Pallet Flow – 472 bays of pallet flow
- 384 – 2-deep pallet flow lanes
- 80 automated empty pallet return lanes
Additional Project Specs
- Selective Rack – 16,916 pallet positions
- 6 work platforms/catwalks
- Over a mile of highway guardrail
The new pick module operations were fully integrated into the distribution center operations to enable the customer to maximize capacity and consolidate supply functions while meeting ever-expanding SKU volume and changes in customer demand.
Apex Warehouse Systems provides expert material handling services to businesses of all sizes and scopes. Call today to speak with our team about your operational needs and warehouse distribution goals.