Pallet Racking System Capacity Guides
According to the Rack Manufacturers Institute (RMI) specifications, well-marked pallet load plaques should be placed on every aisle, for every rack configuration. Load plaques provide the engineered capacities of the pallet racking system used to prevent system overloading. If any structural changes are made to the rack, the load plaque should be replaced with updated capacity references.
According to RMI, the rack manufacturer is responsible to supply load plaques identifying the following information:
- The maximum permissible unit load (the combined weight of product and its storage container or pallet) and/or maximum uniformly distributed load (UDL) per level.
- The average unit load (calculated as the maximum total weight of product expected on all beam levels in any row, divided by the number of beam levels in that row), if applicable.
- The maximum total load per bay.
- Indication of storage levels that support stacking of multiple unit loads.
Rack Safety Audit – DIY or Call the PROs
Accidents happen despite your best efforts to protect your team and your investments. Don’t go it alone! The Apex Rack Repair & Safety Program offers 2 easy options to evaluate the structural soundness of your entire pallet rack system. Choose which option works best for you and your team:
1. The Apex Rack Repair App is a proprietary app that guides you through a complete pallet rack system audit and allows you to capture needed specs for custom rack repair solutions.
2. The Apex PROs professional rack inspectors will come to you and conduct a thorough audit using the Rack Repair Mobile App.
Our Promise – Whether DIY with the app or a PRO audit you’ll receive a comprehensive rack inspection report with an independent solution recommending steps for system repairs and maintenance. Download the FREE app today.